- Ang pagkain ng BARLEY ay nagsimula pa noong unang panahon. Napag alaman ng mga dalubhasa na isa ito sa mga halaman at uri ng damo na may kakayahang magbigay ng tama at halos lahat ng nutrisyon na kailanganin ng ating katawan.
- As one of the most ancient cultivated grains in the world, barley originated in Ethiopia and Southeast Asia, where it has been cultivated since 8000 B.C.E. It is thought that post-Ice Age climatic changes, plus barley’s development of a hardened rachis, which prevented early grain scattering, allowed for better barley cultivation.
- As one of the first cereals cultivated in the Middle East, barley was used by ancient civilizations as a food for humans and animals, as well as to make alcohol. Actually, the first known recipe for barley wine dates back to 2800 B.C.E. in Babylonia. Barley water has also been used for various medicinal purposes since ancient times.
- The ancient Greeks relied on barley to make bread, and athletes attributed much of their strength and physical growth to their barley-containing diets. Roman athletes also honored barley for the strength it gave them. The gladiators were known as hordearii, meaning eaters of barley; Since the heads of barley are heavy and contain numerous seeds, barley was also honored in ancient China as a symbol of male virility.
- Barley ay 37 times binanggit sa bibliya.
- Dr. Yoshihide Hagiwara – a scientist,inventor,pharmacologist and entrepreneur reports the he researched over 200 different plants over a period of 13 years. He found out that barley grass was the most excellent source of nutrients that the body needs for growth,repair and well-being.
“where to buy pure barley” “pure barley” “green barley” “pure barley philippines” “sante pure barley”